Our Mission and Vision
Bendigo Islamic Community Centre (BICC) is dedicated to assist all Muslims to practice their religious and cultural values through a comprehensive approach, which incorporates the teachings of Holy Quran and Sunnah (the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
- Provide an innovative, dynamic, and collaborative community hub that offers inclusive, sustainable programs and services, promoting community participation and inclusion.
- To promote humanitarian values which underpin the teachings of Islam (compassion, love and peace).
- Increase public awareness of Muslim social and cultural values.
Focus on the needs of the diverse Muslim community and ensuring services are open to all.
- Meet the needs of the local community by promoting sports facilities and employment opportunities.
- To provide a family-friendly facility where people, young and old, men, women and children are treated with respect and equality.
- Provide Muslims and non-Muslims with the opportunity to learn and understand Islam, through dialogue, discussion and social interaction.
- A venue for all faith communities to interact in a peaceful and harmonious atmosphere.
- A Centre where humanitarian and charitable causes are supported.
- To Promote Tolerance and Oppose extremism, racism, and terrorism.
- To have a facility that respects the environment in which it is built and pays homage to the vibrant goldmining history of Bendigo.